2008/03/29

The man with a wooden flute





Time flies..., if Oliver didn't mention, I still don't recognise he's left us for more than 10 years! He still looks so charming after all these years, of course it also applies to all handsome gentlemen in the photo.    The photo below is our group photo 10 years ago and we used to have a bigger team and have more foreigners.  And now, they all left the office and the very last one went back to Australia last year...

Both William and I still remember Oliver's antique wooden flute, it's got very nice sound and hope Oliver is still playing it.  And William always urges me to buy one for him! 

I'm sure Oliver will miss us and those yummy dim sum and deep fried chicken in Hong Kong!    We all miss you too, Oliver, hope you enjoy this wonderful Easter trip.






2 則留言:

  1. I wonder how the wooden flute would sound? Chinese style or Western style?
    [版主回覆03/31/2008 21:22:00]In early days, the flute was made of wood instead of metal.  It sounds like a normal metal flute but I feel it's a bit softer.  It has the same fingering as a metal flute.  Of course, you see it has open holes, so the fingering needs to be more precise.  No good for me cos' I can't play an open hole flute! 

    回覆刪除
  2. Let's my favourite Faure's song "Sicilienne' to celebrate your visit!   Everytime when William plays this song, I'll sit quietly like a small child and enjoy the melody!
     

    回覆刪除