2009/03/23

Dein ist mein ganzes Herz (You are my heart's delight)

Dein ist mein ganzes Herz (You are my heart's delight)



I've just bought this bluray disc on Domingo/Netrebko/Villazon's Berlin concert.  The encore they sung is a beautiful aria "Dein ist mein ganzes Herz" which is composed by Franz Lehar in his operetta "Das Land des Lachelns".

The Land of Smiles (Das Land des Lächelns)

This is a 'romantic' operetta in three acts by Franz Lehár. The German language libretto was by Ludwig Herzer and Fritz Löhner.

This was one of Lehár's later works, and has a bittersweet ending which the Viennese loved. The title refers to the Chinese custom of smiling, whatever happens in life. (The leading character, Prince Sou-Chong has a song early in the show, "Immer nur lächeln" ("Always smiling") which describes this.)



Click photo to watch the opera



The story
The operetta is set in Vienna and China in 1912.


In Act I, in Vienna, the heroine Lisa, a Countess, marries a Chinese prince and returns with him to his homeland despite the warnings of her friends and family.

In Act II, in Beijing, she finds that she is unable to come to terms with his culture, and especially that he must take other wives. He assures her that it's just a formality, but unhappiness is inevitable, and she is locked in the palace. Her love changes to hate.

In Act III, Prince Sou-Chong is left alone, while his beloved Lisa returns to her homeland. His sister, Princess Mi had also become attached to the Viennese official Gustav, and so the ending is doubly sad. But the prince respects the rule of his custom: always smile.


Plácido Domingo, Anna Netrebko, and Rolando Villazón - Dein ist mein ganzes Herz

https://youtu.be/y5Jezbnvawg








DEIN IST MEIN GANZES HERZ

MY HEART IS YOURS ALONE(YOU ARE MY HEART'S DELIGHT)



Dein ist mein ganzes Herz!
Wo du nicht bist, kann ich nicht sein.
So, wie die Blume welkt,
wenn sie nicht küsst der Sonnenschein!
Dein ist mein schönstes Lied,
weil es allein aus der Liebe erblüht.
Sag mir noch einmal, mein einzig Lieb,
oh sag noch einmal mir:
Ich hab dich lieb!

Wohin ich immer gehe,
ich fühle deine Nähe.
Ich möchte deinen Atem trinken
und betend dir zu Füssen sinken,
dir, dir allein! Wie wunderbar
ist dein leuchtendes Haar!
Traumschön und sehnsuchtsbang
ist dein strahlender Blick.
Hör ich der Stimme Klang,
ist es so wie Musik.


Dein ist mein ganzes Herz, etc.
You are my only heart!
I cannot be without you.
Like a flower that wilts
when unkissed by the sun!
My most beautiful song is yours,
for it is created out of love.
Tell me once more, my one and only,
oh tell me once more:
I have your love!

Wherever I am
I feel you are near.
I want to drink your breath
and kneel adoringly at your feet,
yours, yours alone! How wonderful
is your shining hair!
Dreamy and full of longing
is your radiant gaze.
Your voice is
music to my ears.


My heart is yours alone, etc.

Das Land des Lächelns
text: L. Herzer and F. Löhner-Beda
music: Franz Lehar, The Land of Smiles (1870-1948)
translation: a.l.





































1 則留言:







  1. Dein ist mein ganzes Herz - Domingo/Netrebko/Rolando

    回覆刪除